Saturday, October 16, 2010

We're ready!


As you can see from the rather large belly above we're ready for Quintin to come!  I'm now 9 months and three days.  Come on Quintin!  We can't wait to have our little son here.


His little room's all ready to go, too!  


I made these little wall hangings for his room--this is the one above his crib.  It's verse is Ps. 4:8 and reads: "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."


This second verse, James 3:17-18, is what we pray over him every night.  It's the one hanging over his changing table.  I'm not very crafty usually and was proud of myself, plus I think everything cost a total of $7 at Michaels.  His room just felt barren and I needed to do something!



I think this is my favorite piece in his room--his lamp!

While we've been waiting for some time for him to come (over nine months now, but who's counting?) it's comforting to know that he will come!  It reminds me how God will fulfill His promises, and the waiting will come to an end.  He will be born.  Though it's not always fun waiting, there is purpose in it as the fulfillment of the promise (in this case our baby!) develops and matures.  Lo and behold, we grow in the process, too!  (Sometimes literally).

I've been really thankful that since the last post we've found a lifegroup that we really love.  I was so shocked and blessed that the ladies in the group all made frozen meals for us for when Quintin comes!  We had only been twice to the group!  I'm thankful for the community we're building in this season.  I'm thankful for family and friends that we already had here, even if it's a bit of drive.  Now we just need Q to come so we can dig into those meals and I can stop cooking for awhile!  ;)





3 comments:

  1. Love it! You look great and ready! Q's room is cute too. I can relate to being craft-challenged, but I think your scripture wall hangings turned out great! Can't wait to see Q living in his new space...come on little guy! It's time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one 10 days late, and every day past the 'due date' felt like a year!!!

    Praying for you!!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids and i loved looking at pics of Quintin's room! It looks perfect and all ready! You look perfect and all ready too! =) Praying he comes before induction. I had an induction scheduled for Jesse and he came the night before. He doesn't like being told what to do...as we all know! =)

    ReplyDelete